The Church is built on the homonymous square, on the northern side of the Cannaregio quarter.
The Church (originally it was an hospice) was built by Giovanni Contarini in an area of his property. It is in Cannaregio, one of the six districts of Venice, near the “Ponte dei tre Archi”.
The Church faces the Grand Canal and was erected on the XII century by Family Memmo former owners of the isle of San Giorgio and Lupanizza.
The church, built in 1383, was dedicated to Saint Ludovico da Tolosa (known in Venice as Saint Alvise)
This Church was commonly called the Jesuits church it is on the homonymous square, few steps for Fondamenta Nuove , the history of the church is related to the company of Jesus founded by Saint Ignazio by Loyola
- 1 of 2