San Rocco Church
The Church of San Rocco, situate beside the homonymous School has been initially designed by Bartolomeo Bon and built starting from 1489, actually the interior (a sole nave) and the exterior look different from the initial project, in fact it has been redone, the interiors was revisited by Scalfarotto in XVIII century however it keeps some renaissance aspect.
Here are preserved many operas of such important artists as Tintoretto, Pordenone and Sebastiano Ricci, here Tintoretto decorated with “ the Annunciation scene of San Rocco introduced to the Pope” the organ shutters. On a urn over the major altar are preserved the mortal rest of the saint protector of the church.
The façade is as well in renaissance style, decorated with many statue sculptured mostly in 700 by G. Marchiori.
It was rebuilt between 1765 an 1771 on a project by Benardino Macaruzzi that adequate the façade to the one of the adjacent School.
The only part by Bartolomeo Bon still intact is the side door and the rosette surmounting the door itself.